You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Uncanny Thought

Real Ghost Stories

Uncanny Thought

 

This is more of a question than a story.

I have seen first hand how much power there is in twin connections. My father's mom was one of a set of identical twins, and she told us a lot of instances where they were hundreds of kilometres apart, but they always knew when things were not right with their twin. When I was a girl I was a mirror image of them.

My aunt's twins were also identical, but they were only 3 months old when one died in surgery after they realized that he had seven defects in his heart. The moment he died his brother started screaming. Tim picked up on him this past Sunday.

My twins are NOT identical, yet they are a rarity among twins. The entire pregnancy, they were exactly a week apart. The night they were born, T was 29 weeks and H was 30 weeks. And even they have a connection that defies logic. When T ended up in the coma when they were 15 months old, H went hysterical. In addition, unbelievably, T has always had wonderfully curly hair, and H's hair was straight, but that night, H's hair started to curl.

Now, we have noticed, as they grow up, T picks up on the spiritual inhabitants in the house. Since he could talk he'd tell a friend to come into the room when I was dressing or changing them (this is Charlie, he always had an affinity with children) and he sees Kiddo every so often. H has never shown any such ability, that I can recall. However, in the past few months he has come up to me three times and said "mammie, die huis was in die vuur ne?" Translated, that means, "Mommy, the house was on fire, right?" Tim cannot even tell me for sure if he is picking up on how Kiddo died, or if this might be something else altogether. Particularly given that Kiddo is extremely shy, and has only trusted Tim to see what he looked like when he died. Tim agrees that the little guy would not intentionally scare my boys.

Any thoughts?

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-03)
Maybe being fraternal twins means that your boys have slightly different gifts? Like T can sense the spirits around you and H can sense where something has happened. After all not all gifts are enherited the same all the time. You'll just have to keep watching to see how each boy blossoms as he grows.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-04)
T goes to Gran when he is afraid, so I know he most def senses them around. He feels safe in his room, which is one of the rooms at the apex of where she constantly lingers. H looks at me like "mommy's nuts" when I am in Kiddo's room and I talk to him, although he really loves that room. He loves playing there. And I know for sure T has picked up on Charlie. H is a bit of a mystery at this point.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-04)
Maybe he's so used to them being around that he thinks them as normal. Have you ever considered asking your boys if they're aware of Charlie and your gran? You'll be suprised by some of the stories they tell you I'm sure lol
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-04)
Shlain
My money is on the house Kiddo died in. What is curious (curioser and curioser) to me is that H has never spoken to or about Kiddo, or Charlie, or Gran, so how does he pick up on this?
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-04)
Mmm, is he refering to your house that was on fire or the one Kiddo perhaps died in? You did tell me Kiddo died on the land and not in your house you live in now. Perhaps a house that was there before.

Or are my wires geTting crossed again? 😜
MrJV545 (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
I've always known about the connections between kids and children's connections to the spiritual, but your story brings it to a whole new level. I've known twins that felt pain at the exact same time, and I currently know triplets who seem to have the same abilities and even feel each others emotions even when they are kilometers apart. I wholeheartedly believe in the connections between twins. I think your twins will grow up to be sensitive to spirits like you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: