You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I've Seen Him And You're Not Alone

Real Ghost Stories

I've Seen Him And You're Not Alone

 

Today is September 3rd, a dear friend of mine passed away on August 16. He was a very close friend of mine and Derek's. He was also my god-sister's husband and the father of my god-kids. He was 31 years old. Let's call him Sunny.

Sunny had this amazing smile that was so contagious (hence "sunny"). I was there the night Sunny met my god-sister. She came out with me and Derek to a New Years party and that was the start of their love story. After their instant attraction towards one another that night, Sunny showed up at our work the very next day (sis and I worked together) with a rose and asked her out. She was smitten as I feared he could be a crazy. Anyway, they started dating and the 4 of us were inseparable (me, Derek, Sis and Sunny).

We shared a common interest that brought us closer than most friends. FISHING! So, we shared many many fishing trips, drinking nights, and just being carefree young people. As most readers who has read my stories know that Derek is no longer with us. He passed away in 2008.

Sis had just given birth to her firstborn son with Sunny 1 week prior to Derek's accident. I showed Derek the picture of my Godson but he never got to meet him. I remember Sunny consoling me when this happened. He was the one that told me I had been chosen to be their kids' Godmother.

Flash forward 5 years later, Sunny got diagnosed with liver cancer in April 2013 and passed in August. My god-sister now has 2 children with Sunny, a pair of beautiful son and daughter. I can't even begin to express the pain all of us felt when Sunny was taken. Not only was he and Derek so close to us, but the funeral was all too familiar. Same guests because we shared the same group of friends, same city, and they are buried within 15 feet from each other. Since Sunny's passing, I've been praying a lot for him and to Derek, asking him if he's seen Sunny and I miss them so much. I often still feel very sad about losing Derek and would often be very selfish asking him to come see in my dreams. And I always do, with enough praying.

Two nights ago I dreamt it was Derek's funeral again. I knew it wasn't right and I saw his body laying in the coffin. I peeked at his face and KNEW he was going to get up. Sure enough he started to rub his eyes and woke up. He climbed out and starting hanging out with us. ("Us" is all the people at his and Sunny's funeral.) He sat across from me. I was SO happy to see him. He doesn't speak, he never has to anymore as he now communicates through feelings. I can "feel" his thoughts. I had so many mixed feelings. I was thinking to him "I'm married now, but can you take me with you? I want to be with you and where you are." He smiles with only peace through him and I can feel him say, "No, baby, you can't come with me. I'm with you all the time and you're never alone. You have to live your life to the fullest." Then I saw what he was wearing. He wore a necklace with a white gold ring on it. This is Sunny's. Sunny's wife now wears his ring around her neck. And Derek didn't own any rings at all. He also wore 2 of Sunny's rings on his middle and marriage fingers on his left hand, as Sunny did when he was alive. I held his hand and told him his rings are too big for him and that I can size them for him. He just smiled.

He stayed so long this time. I'm sure it took a lot for him to be there. So I believe he came to tell me 2 things: 1 - YES, he is with Sunny, and 2 - stop living in the past. What do you think?

Thanks guys for reading. And thanks to Derek and Sunny for all the wonderful memories. I'm sure I will meet them again.

Other hauntings by notjustme

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, notjustme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
Sonal12- How are you, my friend?! Thank you so much for that link! Added to my favs. You know I love family visitations! <3 thanks again!
sonal12 (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-24)
the name is Earl's story by Leehome... Try looking for it incase the link doesn't open! Your ssooooooo going to love it!:)
sonal12 (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-24)
heyy there! There is an AMAZING story that I really think you must read! Trust me you're gonnaa love it heres the link
Www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=12008
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-03)
Thanks Mysteriousguy for reading and commenting. Yes< I too agree with you. I believed I have moved on for the most part... However the grieving does come and go in many different forms for me 😕
Thanks again! ❤
MysteriousGuy (10 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-18)
yes your right about that two things but all he want is you have to moved on. Life is just like a show what ever happens the SHOW MUST GO ON!:) so be faithful. God Bless and thank you for sharing your ghost experience again.

This is MysteriousGuy saying that "Shit Happens. But Life Goes On.";)
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-22)
notjustme,thanks and yes we may as well have been father and daughter. I hope your doing well since your loss, and I feel you are. All smiles for ya. ❤ 😊
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
Spiritwaiting - Thank you for your condolences. I, too am sorry for the loss of your uncle. I'm very glad to hear that he is still with you too. You two must have been really close for him to stick around 😊

Sonal12- yes, he never fails to disappoint me. He truly was/is a beautiful soul.

MissyM- First off, CONGRATS!:D I don't why but I find the coincidence very warming and lovely. God bless you and your beautiful family ❤

Girlie - I thank you for your support and enthusiasm. You are right, I do need to continue my life by looking forward and not backwards. I appreciate your advice and will use it to the fullest!

-Notjustme
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
awww. So sweet. I love that story. I think your right, that he letting you know everything is alright, and you need to move forward. But what I want to tell you is to do it at your own speed, don't rush anything emotionally because stuff like that is easily to turn on you.
Lol you probable know all that already.
Well kept writing, and I can't wait for you to tell us more ghost stories!
GIRLIE ❤
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
That was a beautifully sad story. I could feel your love for Derek.
Sunny passed at 31 on August 16 2013
I gave birth to my beautiful son August 16 2013 at 31 years of age and read your story today...coincidence? Maybe.
sonal12 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
[at] notjustme - I guess derek just wanted you guys to just know that he and sunny are ALWAYS there when you need them! He wants you to move on! And I am so so so touched by what derek said to you! May he rest in peace!
Take care girll! (:
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-18)
notjustme, I'm truly sorry for your loss on both accounts. They do have ways of letting you know theyre with you. And it seems your friend Derek has done just that. How warming it is to hear he's with you, and he gives you good thoughts while you talk with him. My uncle whom passed over 15 years ago, still has his ways of letting me know hes around. Love this experience ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: