You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Knock Knock

Real Ghost Stories

Knock Knock

 

This happened to me Saturday just gone, 2nd August 2008.

My partner has been away for a week and my youngest has gone to his grand parents for the summer holidays.

All last week it was just me and Inca our kitten. I actually thought I would end up sleeping on the sofa all that week as I hate being on my own. As it turned out, I went to bed and slept right through the morning without any disruptions. Inca was my morning wake up call.

Friday I got home from work, did a few bits around the flat, Inca played in the garden whilst I was busy doing those all loved house chores. I sat down about 7p.m. Inca came in from the garden as well as it started to rain. I put on the television and lay down on the sofa. Inca was lying on her cushion and I was lying on the sofa. Between 9-10.30p.m.

I heard a knock Inca even got up. I listened for a couple of seconds and all was quiet again. I settled back on to the sofa and Inca lay back down. A minute of so again another knock, I got up picked Inca up took a walk through the flat making sure all the windows were closed. I went into my son's bedroom and through the window made sure there was nobody outside. Double checked the front door was locked and chained and lastly I checked my bedroom to make sure all the windows were closed.

I went back to the lounge, and lay down on the sofa I put Inca back on to her cushion. All was quiet an about half an hour, when I heard heavy breathing. I listened carefully, maybe there was a weird noise coming from the television, then I thought it might be Inca, The breathing was coming from the doorway of the lounge, I lowered the volume and looked at Inca, it definitely was not here, It was not me, there was nobody in else in the flat and I could definitely hear this breathing. I listened and looked at the doorway, Just then someone knocked on the front door. I went to the door and Inca followed me, I did not open the door but looked through the spy hole, there was nobody there.

I went back into the living, sat on the sofa looked at towards the doorway and said "just go away leave me and my family a lone".

With that I turned the volume up on the television browsed the channels for a comedy to watch, I ended up watching Beverley Hills 2.

I was so scared I thought I would sleep on the sofa with the television on and the lamp. So I got my pillow a blanket, turned off the passage light and lay on the sofa, I heard the knock again. I just could not make out where it was coming from and as I said Inca kept getting up when as well.

I was really tired but I guess being so scared I could not close my eyes and the sofa was really uncomfortable. I heard the breathing again and it was with that I got up, turned the television off, picked Inca up, turned the lamp off, took my pillow and blanket and went into the bedroom. I left the hallway light on; I put a candle on in the bedroom and put the radio on to drown out any noises and got into bed.

I lay in bed, there were a few strange noises I heard, which unsettled me even more. Inca had fallen asleep by my legs. I was restless, I could not sleep. I was hot; my body ached especially my legs and feet. I went from one of the bed to the other, poor Inca legged it in the end, and I was moving that much on the bed. I think it was past 4a. M in the morning when I managed to knock of. I woke up at about 6.00a.m. Only because Inca woke me, I made a coffee went into the lounge and put the news on looked at the time it was 6.10a.m.

Just then someone knocked the door, this time I opened the front door, nobody there. I closed the door, switched the television off and went back to bed. I think I stayed in bed for about 10 minutes and got up.

I have not had a night like that in years, I tried to fob myself off by telling myself I had scared myself by watching something or reading something but I had done none of the two.

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

leroyjones1234 (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
What I mean is that... In our beliefs having a pet cat is good because if a demon want to go in your home the cat will tell the demon to count its hair first before entering.
leroyjones1234 (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
In our beliefs having a pet cat is good because if a demon want to go in your home the cat will tell to the demon to count its hair.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
HI surya, I thogh it was ok besides the part at the end saying that you didn't watch anything well didn't you watch tv while these things were happing. You should WATCH what your saying.
GIRLIE 😊
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Hi Rhodes,
As I said, whoever it was certainly succeeded in scarring me. Mindyou They do say cats keep spirits away. Inca kept looking towards the door.
Surya
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Hi alex323
I did try to ignore it, kept thinking it was the kitten, I lay on the sofa starring at Inca and listening to her breathing, I stopped breathing and could hear the breathing coming from the door way.
Surya
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Ailya
If it was a prankster spook, he or she certainly did the job of scaring the living daylights out of me. Just glad I had Inca with me, (my kitten). Yes it does take a while to get over a bad night although this certainly won't be my first.
Surya
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Hi Frawin,
I thought it was my nerves, maybe I had read something or seen something on the TV, but I had done non of the two. Pretty bad night well bad enough for me to go to sleep 4.30 in the morning,
Surya
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Hi Velvet, In the UK they are called flats not apartments. I am on the ground floor, with 3 above me. All one level.
Surya
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Hi Jasmin

I have been in my flat for 6 years now, although I have had the re-occuring dream, this is the first time I have experianced something like.
Surya
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
That must have been a very unnerving encounter Surya! It does seem like whoever was wandering around wanted to attract your attention and somehow toy with you.

Whatever the case, don't let them see your fear.
Nordic (44 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Hi Velvet - a flat is an apartment. Usually it is only one storey as well. I've noticed the American posters refer to an apartment that sometimes span two or three storeys.

In South Africa, the UK or basically any other country where people speak Standard British English, we call an apartment a flat and an apartment with two or three floors a duplex or triplex:-)
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
WOW thanks for sharring this scary story with us. I allways hate to hear sounds in an apartment. I sometimes would rather see a spirit then listen to the scary sounds. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
alex323 (5 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
I know what you're talking about completely... Okay my experiances have been different, but I've heard breathing and knocking, for the most part it gives me the creeps but if I pretend to ignore it it goes away fast.
ailya (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
I've had the same kind of experience.
Usually the culprit is a ghost just trying to have fun. I think some spirits mess around with you because they are bored and have nothing to do. Just like us, right? 😉
Hope this doesn't happen again! I know, it takes forever to get back to sleep.

Blessed be.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Hello Surya. Don't you hate them kind of nights? The way I see it, it could be one of two things, it could be that you had a bad case of the "nerves" or you had a prankster type ghost. It's hard to tell which.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Hello there,
Wow your story really freaked me out. Its rare that stories on this site freak me out or are believeable. Thanks for sharing.
BTW what is flat? I see that you are from the United Kingdom, well I'm from Los Angeles and there aren't any flats here. 😁
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Well that, I bet, was very scary for you. I have had nights like that before. When I first moved into my flat, I was scared everynight. This was my first time living alone. For the first month or so, I stared at my bedroom doorway for hours, because soon after moving in, I found out that a rapist use to live in the same flat I live in now! My point is, maybe you aren't use to all the creepy noises because you are new to this home. Then again, you never mentioned how long you have been living there. So, how long have you been living there? If it has been a while then maybe you should start doing your research. Find out the history of your home. Hope to get updates form you soon. Thanks for sharing and welcome to YGS.com. Oh by the way, you should take a look at the photos and videos posted on the site. Above you will see a tab that says pictures/videos. Click on it. If you think your experience was scary, you haven't seen anything. Ttyl. ❤ Jasmin
osyka (7 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
hi Surya,

Wow that must have been pretty scary! I know the feeling because that happened to me once but not breathing with footsteps. Nice story:-)

Take Care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: