You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Evp: A Phone Call From The Dead?

Real Ghost Stories

Evp: A Phone Call From The Dead?

 

You may or may not be aware of the fact that I do a lot of EVP research. If I don't have a location to investigate, I investigate cemeteries. At least 4 times per week (more or less). On several occasions, I have brought home some ghostly visitors. However, the situation in this video is unique. I have heard of this happening before, but it has never happened to me until now.

On 06-12-2009 at 12:10 AM (midnight), our phone rang. I jumped out of bed to answer the phone. My 15 year old son was still awake and playing X Box with his cousin. His cousin (my nephew) lives several towns away. They were playing together and talking over headsets through X Box Live. I went to get the phone and my son said "don't bother it is XXX" (his cousin). I held the phone for a second then decided to answer to tell him to not call so late. By the time I answered, the incoming call went to voice mail. I did not listen to it, I just went back to bed.

The next day, my wife and I listened to the voice mail. It was NOT my nephew! It sounds like an older man. A creepy EVP type of voice that only says one word. SPOILER ALERT *********

"Hancock". The odd thing is that I live in "Hancock" county. With all of my research, have I attracted someone's attention? Not sure what all of this means, but I will keep you posted if we have more activity!

Video Link

Other hauntings by EVPResearcher

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EVPResearcher, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
lol I thought he said spoiler alert until I finished reading
ghost4life (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
I personally think that it was a prank call. But, I may be wrong...
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
I'll admit, my experience thus far with EVP is limited to Ghost Hunters which I realize above all other things it may be is a tv show, but are EVPs usually as clear as that was? I always thought they were caught in static and such.
BlueZeeh (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-11)
Weird, my mom's phone rang right after I listened to the EVP o.o
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
I think it is plain wrong to ghost hunt cemeteries. You deserve to be haunted hard for that. Also, If I had family members buried in a cemetery somebody was ghost hunting in I'd be pretty upset. That is ghoulish and desecrating.
Brenna (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Just curious: But do you think maybe someone was calling, and was having a conversation with someone else while hanging up not being able to contact you? One person could've said, "Who are you calling?" and the dialer could've said, "Someone/My friend is hancock" and the machine just caught "hancock" as they were hanging up?
Don't get me wrong, I have no disbelief in it at all. But there are possibilities. 😊
special (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-19)
Some ghosts can goes anywhere if they want...
Computer,cell phone,recorder...etc (Especially if you scare or don't likes they goes there)
ninjaz007 (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
A private call doesn't mean its a ghost. Doesn't *67 have you show up as private if dialed first?
WolfVoice258 (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-25)
I have a cuople things wrong with the ghost theorie:

1.) How would a ghost find your phone numbre?
2.) How would a ghost even get a phone?
Maybe it was a prank caller...?
bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
Dang it, I can't watch the video because I don't have "Adobe Flash Player" or "Javascript" or something! I'm so mad right now...
RayvenHawk (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
It's very possible it was a wrong number. Just because the voice said "Handcock" doesn't immediately mean it was a ghost calling you. Now if this happened every night at the same time with the same message, then perhaps there is something.
Annie (202 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
Sorry, I must have missed that. How about going back to that private call and hitting send to see who answers.
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
Annie - I took a picture of the phone (in the movie). It said "Private"...
Annie (202 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
Hmmm...did you check your caller i.d.? Maybe you'll find the number from the call. Thanks for the post. Interesting.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
Freaky! 😨 that might have, in fact, been a ghostly phone call from beyond, but I am not sure. Thanks for posting the you tube video! That was nice of you! I REALLY hope you or any of your family members ever get that message again!

❤ Peace out ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: