You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirits Around Me

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits Around Me

 

A week before Christmas in 1998, we moved into the house my family and I now live in. At first things were peaceful but then things got a bit strange. Two of my children told me about hearing footsteps on the stairs from my daughters' room to the basement. Some were not human but animal. At first I ignored it but since they were starting to get scared, I said a prayer of protection for them. It took several times but the footsteps stopped.

In the spring of 1999, I was in my backyard and I heard kids giggling and running around. Nothing wrong with that except for when I looked in the direction that I heard the children, all of the houses around faded and I was looking at a single small farm house and a boy and girl running around. My guess this was from the late 1800s from their clothes. A woman came out of the house looked around nervously and told the children to get in the house before their pa got home. Then everything went back to normal, it felt like minutes went by but it was less then that.

Other things have happened, such as my husband walked through a cold spot and asked me who was visiting. I had to go to where he experienced the cold spot but it was gone, although I did get dizzy like I always do when I step onto a vortex. Hearing my name being called when nobody is home. My youngest son also has heard his name.

Also, one night I heard metal striking metal like a blacksmith was working. The next day I asked my husband if he heard it, but he said no. But my son said he heard it.

One night I had my dining room window open and although there were no leaves on the ground I heard men walking right outside the window crunching through leaves. My dogs were outside and I wanted them in but all four just stood about 20 feet away and would not come to my calls. I had to go to them and coax them in. I know they had seen the men I heard because they were too hesitant to cross over where the men had been.

We have also seen the children I saw when I had my vision. My youngest son, Whitewolf, seems to be of interest to them. He sees them more than I do, but we have both been touched by them. They seem sad and I get the feeling they were murdered along with their mother. Possibly by their father but I don't know that to be a fact. There is really no way to check this out because Long Island was mostly small farms and woods until the 20th century.

On the flip side of all this, I have to say a prayer of protection for the family sometimes. Some of the spirits my son or I have seen or felt are not something I want around and I have to tell them to leave, they are not wanted. Sometimes my dogs bark frantically at something and I see someone walk up to my door but when I open the door no one is there. I just say they may not enter and close the door.

Other hauntings by RedWolf

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RedWolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-19)
If you could give me the old address, I could work some genealogical magic and see if I can pull up some sort of old record or even just a family story.:) This is such a compelling mystery and I MUST know what happened!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
HuntingBear
Thank you for reading my story. The children I saw in my vision are still around. Once in awhile I have to say a prayer to rid spirits from my home and property because I feel bad energy. For some reason the little boy and boy keep coming back. A few weeks ago I saw a male spirit in my back yard. He seemed really angry and I just got mad and walked out and told him to get off my property and stay off.
This past Friday my son said he smelled flowers. I told him they seemed afraid of me. So I said wrong person,I'm the one who chased your father, you can at least give me a hug. All of a sudden I got the strong scent of lilies. My son told me that was what he had smelled. The could smell them for awhile. One of my favorite flowers is lilies. I have a lot of lily bulbs planted in my gardens.
Regards
Red
HuntingBear (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
Hello RedWolf, I am so glad to have found someone like me! I have experienced many, shall I say, interesting things... There are too many to say😁.At least I am not the only one with the abilities of a seer anymore! It is great reading the others stories as well as yours!
Take care my friend. 😁
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-27)
Bbrave. I must say that because of multiple neck and back surgeries I have been on muscle relaxers and strong pain killers for years. This can dull my senses so I have to be careful and do not force premonitions or contact with the spirits. Although I never really had because it just came to me.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
No mrfear672india I was not at the site of the attacks. I had considered going into Manhattan that morning and I was going to be in that general area. But although I could have had someone home when my kids got home from school but there was something telling me it was important that I be home.
That night the hospital my husband worked at was on high alert and as he is an executive he had to stay.
We had sliding glass doors at that time, my dogs started growling so I looked at the door and I saw a Fireman holding the hand of a little girl. He smiled and nodded at me and they disappeared. He was letting me know that they were crossing over.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
The ghost children like to play in my room but since I have prayed to mother earth I have not felt or heard them in my room. I only pray to keep the demonic entity away which I believe is the ghost children's father but like my mother has said there is no way of finding out since the town has no record. Redwolf and I believe that the ghost children come to our home for protection.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
Oh! You were there at that attack.
I thank god for saving you, long live.

Respectfull Indian.
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
Redwolf

It's possible to loose something you were born with. It's an ability like any other and if you do not practice it for a while then you can loose it.

Also it doesn't matter the what age the gifted person is
If they have the gifts they will make themselves known
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
Thank you mrfear672india.
I am very sensitive and have psychic abilities Although I had shut down using my ability since I predicted the attack on the Twin Towers on 9/11. Because I live on Long Island and my husband was a volunteer fireman years ago and we knew someone who died and her body was found on our anniversary. But I am starting to bring that part of myself back. I don't believe you can lose something that has been a part of you most of your life but you can suppress them.
My youngest son whitewolf is also very sensitive and an empath so we make quite a team. I have 2 other kids but they don't seem to have any abilities. My older son because he doesn't believe and a daughter that isn't focused enough to have/use any ability. They are all over 21.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Hi redwolf,
I like your discription of your story. Step by step incidents without extra speeches in between.
Well wrote.
I think your youngest son and you are more sensitive about spirits. Though your husband felt it but didn't hear voices & saw them.
It's clear that they are family who had suicide or killed there.
The man who you saw could be black smith at that time.
Try some rituals in christianity (I don't know really) to get rid of them. If they are not harmful it's ok.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: