You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My 911 Ghost Is Back

Real Ghost Stories

My 911 Ghost Is Back

 

I previously published a story on here about a possible ghost in my apartment in New York on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. Today (9/11/12), again something crazy spooky happened. I had tried to sleep really heavy because I have a long day. The fact it's the anniversary of 9/11 was not on my mind at all.

I had drifted off really deep, but around 1 or 1:30 I had a jarring vision I was in a church-like place, and could clearly see a group of men wearing robes and religious wear. If you have any recollection of what life was like after 9/11, you might remember there were a series of firemen/policemen vigils on the news, with lots of men in robes. Maybe I saw a vision of one of those. This was one of those dreams that's so real you almost swear you're there.

Then I shot straight up in my bed and I saw what looked like a small "orb" of light on the ceiling, which is a manifestation some spirits have in photos. I closed my eyes for about 3 minutes, opened them again and the orb was gone.

It may have just been a car light passing, but the coincidence with the dream/vision I had was too much for me to forget about. I was pretty scared, and needless to say couldn't get any semblance of sleep after that. The whole night I also heard this loud buzzing/static sound in my head. Not sure if that has anything to do with a ghost's presence, but I usually don't feel that when I'm trying to sleep.

What's crazy is we live in a regular (non-haunted) house which is a brand new condo-like development and we never had any kind of ghost activity except for last year on September 11. And I'm pretty sure we won't until next year. But whatever it was definitely made its presence felt again.

Other hauntings by sherm784

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sherm784, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

phoenixj-stone (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-09)
If you would like help with your 9/11 ghost, I know NBC has a new television show where psychics can help you resolve problems in your haunted apartment. My best friend works for them and she's looking for people like you! Give them a call at (203) 962-4323.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-21)
I don't know that you are being contacted by a specific "ghost" for any specific purpose, but I think it is entirely plausible you are picking up on residual energy from the trauma of this event. Whether your vision was random or has a specific meaning is something only you can decide. It may be just a random memory dredged up by the whole encounter. As for the buzzing, that could well be a side-effect of the energy you are picking up on. I shall await your post next year.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-21)
Sometimes I hear a buzzing sound and feel a buzzing sensation throughout my body the entire day after having an obe episode. Could this be what happened to you?
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
Thousands of people died all in one morning, all before their time,...so it's not hard to believe ghosts from that would be here with unfinished business. I had a weird experience too but it's hard to tell if it's a spirit or just left over emotions.
There was a day a few years ago where, out of nowhere, I was just stricken with emotion. It wasn't the anniversary 9/11 or anything... It was just a random day in March while I was painting the walls at my house. I felt like the memorie of it was flooding my mind. I tried to forget about it but I kept having this thought ''No I can't...something isn't finished.'' I felt like they weren't even my thoughts, cause I wondered ''What isn't finished? This event has already passed.'' Idk... It was weird. I sometimes wonder if a spirit was trying to tell me something.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
Hi sherm, After reading your other story about the 9/11 ghost, I am in agreement with granny and the other posters. The attacks were traumatic for so many people. The effects were felt all over the world. It had to leave a sizeable imprint and there is definitely residual energy. I myself try to surpress a lot of the horror because I cannot handle the emotions. I believe that even though you are not thinking about it, subconsciously the memories are there which results in the vivid dreams and experiences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: