You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Two Protectors? You Tell Me

Real Ghost Stories

Two Protectors? You Tell Me

 

It must have been past 10pm before I went to bed last week Thursday. Inca was on the foot of the bed as usual. The light from the living room and the volume of the telly was enough for me to leave the hallway light switched off and happily go to bed without the usually fear that overtakes me each night.

I jumped into bed and pulled the covers up. Facing the window, I glared past the nets, reminded myself there was nothing there and that my icons were next to me as well as Inca, and closed my eyes.

I was relaxed; eyes closed listening to the telly until sleep would take over. I felt a light wisp breeze on my face. I opened my eyes, got up, checked the windows in the bedroom to make sure they were shut. Sure enough they were shut. Not a draft from any of them.

I jumped back into bed, making sure Inca was ok, I lay down once again, pulled the covers on me, and facing the window I closed my eyes. I lay in bed once again listening to the telly knowing eventually sleep would over take me.

I must have fallen asleep pretty much straight away. When I opened my eyes the next time it was 1am. I closed my eyes even though it was pitch black, as scared as I was, I said to myself, I have my reassurances close to me. I still lay facing the window. At one point I was tempted to put the radio on but thought no, can't really be asked to get up, whether that was because I was too tired or because I was too scared or both. I lay there. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over me slowly.

Inca was now lying in the middle of bed. He is funny the way he spreads out making it difficult to pull the covers up.

As I was lying there in my bed, I felt the light wisp of cold air on my face again. I lay there motionless thinking it was my imagination. Again this breeze lightly wisped past my face. It was almost like this breeze was stroking my face gently. Without opening my eyes, I turned my back to the window. I saw two green circles right in front me. Let me explain.

You know sometimes you close your eyes and you see colours, red is the most common one. Well this is the only way I can explain what I was seeing, except I had not opened my eyes.

The green circles drew closer to me almost touching the tip of my nose, at which point I opened my eyes, but quickly closed them again. There lying right next to my face was a wolf staring at me, eyes wide open just lying there, watching me as I lay in bed slowly falling asleep.

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

born2race87 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-16)
I liked this story alot. I even did some research and come to find out that my totem animal was a wolf. I was surprised but I felt comfortable. I wonder if I will ever have an encounter my totem animal in the future, I would love to meet my wolf!
Cherry (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
Dear Surya,
You are one brave woman. How have you lived through all these things for so many years? I would have gone mad by now. Surya, don't you ever call out to god when these things happen to you? Have you ever researched in your ex inlaw's family or your family to find out if any body is in to witchcraft or black magic. Maybe whatever happened in India started all this. I mean wherever you go the experiences start. Maybe someone from your biological family is doing all this? Could be someone who is jealous of you and you have no inkling about it.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-13)
Dia,

The breeze, it was soft, gentle, female, nothing malicious about it as I felt this before or shall I say her.
flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
when you said you saw a wolf that bothered me, because I too saw a wolf at the end of my bed but he was growling and he was getting ready to attack. I picked up my pillow to fend it off. My husband woke up and saw me doing it I told him I was stoping the wolf from getting me he thought it was funny I didn't it scared me half to death. Thinking about it now gives me chills. Was it bad if he was doing this?
dia (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
You had your reassurances and icons around you, and Inca was there but unworried by what was making contact. With your past experiences with the wolf, I have to ask: was the light breeze like a hand? Or more like a tongue? Because it seems to me that someone wanted you to see him and, even more importantly, wanted you to not be terrified.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
jazzeyjay - Thank you for that, I certainly will look into and ask two of my very close friends.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
That was a very spiritual event that took place with you. Sounds like the Wolf is your Totem Animal! Our totem animal is there to protect us and is always near. There have been cases where people have been walking late at night and have crossed paths with thugs who have thought about robbing them or doing harm to them, but did not because that person's totem animal was seen walking along beside them. The thugs could see them, but the person that the animal was protecting did not see them and has actually kept that person safe. Believe me, if it would have meant you any harm, you would have known. Why not do some research on totem animals, that will help ease your mind.

Have a blessed day!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
Hello Kim,

The feeling I had, well both encounters happened one after the other, first the light wisp of air/breeze, followed by the wolf, as always and as you will already know, as you have read my other stories, I was scared, very scared, but I suppose the gentleness of both encounters relaxed me, as well as knowing Inka was lying next to me. It was almost like I was safe and away from any harm. I have posted a picture if you want to have a look, it is on my site, in the forums in the paranormal section.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
banditadi - you are very right about my spirit guide as the wolf has been seen before. I have a lot of protection arund me at the moment which is a mystery in itself as I have never seen so much surrounding me before.

Thank you for reading my story.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
KatieChan - Yes it seems I have more than one Guardian who all seem to be around me. I suppose there is something big coming my way. Whatever it is I guess I will have to prepare myself and remember I am being watched.

Thank you for reading my story.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
SpiritMagnet - no the wolf was not growling. The wolf, male. You can see a picture of it on my site. In the forum section-paranormal if you wish. I am not panicked, I guess it was more lying there with him. As for the wisp of the breeze this has happened a number of times.

Thank you for reading my story
Surya
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
BriFischer05 - No my cat picked up nothing he was sleeping peacefully next to me. Do I often see these animals yes I do more so now? As for totem, hmmmmmm
banditadi (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
Well...a wolf... Ok about people they have a million sayings on the wolf most of them are obviously negative... But since I was a child I have always connected myself to a wolf, its loyalty, and its courage to fight unto death for its loved ones... I am from india and you know very well surya what all superstitions people have about them and there howls in this country. So whenever I used to mention my affection for the species my parents used to get freaked out... But I have always found the wolf to be something of a magical, divine creature... I know I sound crazy, but yes I think the wolf is protecting you, though I think its not just a guardian, it may be, what can be called your 'spirit guide', and you are damn lucky that it decided to pay you a visit... Maybe something important is coming up and it wants you to know that you are not alone...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
Surya,
Wow!
When you opened your eyes (and even when they where closed) what wasx the feeling, or the sense you had? Was it fear? Anger? Hope? What were the sensations?

Thsnks,
God Bless!
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
The wolf might have been your guardian! I liked your story so much I added it to my favorites! Thanks for sharing and God Bless You! ❤ KatieChan
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
Hello Surya,
I was wondering, was the wolf growling or making any noise? Did you get a sense of what sex it was? Did the breezes stop? This may very well be your spirit guide showing his/herself to you to make you feel even more secure. I wouldn't panic about it just yet. Blessed be.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
Did your cat not notice or pick up on any of this? Do you often see this type of animal? May be your totem?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: