You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: August Soul Mates 2

Real Ghost Stories

August Soul Mates 2

 

On the night my mother and I went to her doctor there were two things she mentioned on the way there. One was about her dream that a little dark person had told her she'd be better off in the spirit world and two if it was bad news about her chest x-ray she would tell her doctor thanks but no thanks and come straight home. I could not tell her about my dream and what my spirit guide told me," That she was going to suffer" how could I.

As soon as we spoke to the doctor the results were not good, He desperately demanded my mother go to hospital via ambulance as soon as possible. The x-ray showed she had a collapsed left lung and a bout of pneumonia. My mother true to her word said thanks for your help, but I'd rather go home and not make a fuss. The doctor looked at me and pleaded you can't let your mother die, (This is hard for me to write about, But I want to because if you are a smoker, by the time I finish this story I hope you may reconsider). I looked at my mum and said this, Please mum I don't want you to die you have to go, in that moment she'd realized how this was affecting me and agreed to go to hospital.

My mother was admitted to hospital in January 2009 for about six weeks, a 4inch inoperable tumor was discovered in her left lung caused by smoking and she was given only months to live. In March 2009, my mother was back in hospital with a temperature of 39 plus and another bout of pneumonia that lasted for 2 weeks straight, day and night. If you could imagine the discomfort of having a temperature for two weeks, then imagine having to deal with it, with one lung and pneumonia as well. Sitting by her side I'd witnessed courage that I'd never thought was possible. She struggled to breathe through most nights and dragged herself off the bed to go to the toilet as she refused to soil herself where she lay and sometimes through the night she would demand that I go home. She was more concerned about how it was affecting me than her own plight. She took it on the chin and never cried once. My mother eventually got home although she was not expected to make it, she got well enough to get out.

One day in my mother's room on her cupboard a wind up toy guitar which had not been played or wound in years started to play, not only in front of mum but also my brother who was with her. The song was love me tender and the lyric that was played was "for my darling I love you "This was the only time in eight months the cancer gave her a break and I guess my father was letting her know he was with her. Things only got worse from this point as the cancer got more aggressive to a point of torture, mum couldn't lay down on her back, she would start to choke when she did. She basically had to sleep sitting upright. The doctors admired her bravery and some cried at how hard she was fighting. She still didn't cry, her spirit was never compromised through the whole ordeal and even about two weeks before she passed she told me that she saw two ghosts come into her room and hide under her bed. It probably was the medication she was on, but if it was something else [supernatural] trying to break her spirit it failed as well. My mother not only did me proud in her battle with cancer but I'm sure the Lord himself would have thought enough is enough. I'm sorry for going into so much detail but if one person who reads this kicks the habit. Then my mum and dad deaths will not be in vein, Take the power away from this living evil entity" CANCER "don't smoke.

December 14th 2009, on the day I submitted August soulmates, I found myself by strange coincidence through my employment, in my home town suburb of Concord where I grew up, I had so many fond memories growing up here. I went back to where we lived and sat opposite my old house.[reminiscing] I understand what spiritually makes us so drawn to an area and If I find myself earth bound when I die I've got no doubt this is where I'll hang. Later that evening at home my story went on the web. I have to admit I was feeling quite emotional and not sure what to expect from your reply but I know from the bottom of my soul it's something I wanted to share, I am amazed how on a spiritual and universal level we can all connect.

About 4am the next morning I was wide awake lying in bed when suddenly I heard an explosion against the wall. I'd not heard this since mum left, my first thought was they're back then about 2 seconds latter the Christmas tree which was on the other side of the wall fell over. I don't like to jump to conclusions as I know how our mind and emotions can play tricks on us. I've always been very strict when distinguishing paranormal activity. But when I got up to investigate my son who was on the other side of the wall resting in our lounge room, said he felt something "whiz" down past him and crash into the wall just before the Christmas tree fell. This was the first time in 41 years I'd shared a paranormal experience with two different interpretations with the same conclusion. I know mum and dad wouldn't purposely knock over the Christmas tree but I think it was their acknowledgement of August soulmates, of which I'm sure they would have been glad I wrote. By the way, my son who was in the lounge room was born in August?

Later that morning driving my truck, a song came on the radio that I haven't heard in years, it was my mother's favorite song, "I am woman" by Helen Reddy. Part of the lyric" I am woman here my call" another part" I am invincible, I can do anything" just after that song, my mobile rang it was the cemetery informing me my mother's headstone has been completed, strange coincidence?

I wasn't sure about including this dream I had on Christmas night, because I'm not sure it was real. My dreams over the years have been a very powerful source to me and I could write for a year about visions and things that have happened. My spirit guide who has come to me in my dreams over 20 years has pre warned me on many occasions about people close to me. He also told me I would live to 77; let me include that for the record. In this dream my mother told me she was on a high plain and that my dad would be with her soon. She also told me that a lot of spirits are watching me. Not sure if it was real, but I do understand what she meant. Life is a journey that builds character. My mother was put to the ultimate test and suffered, as I was pre warned by my spirit guide. The higher plain she'd referred to was foretold to her in her own dream [she would be better off in the spirit world]

In August 1999 the Holy Ghost came to my mother when she was down and out and lifted her spirit, I know from my own experience how that feels and I know in my heart that mum and dad are better off. The only time she cried in eight months was when I had to take her to palliative care for the last time. One week before she died the truth is, I couldn't cope anymore, and I actually fell asleep behind the wheel of my truck. I was that exhausted, as sick as my mother was she understood how tough it was for us, I think the love of her family made her hang in as long as she did. She held my hand and said you poor boy you've been to hell and back it's not your fault. We both broke down and cried can you believe that.

May their souls entwine in eternal bliss.

AUGUST SOUL MATES

Other hauntings by aussiedaz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aussiedaz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

garry1984 (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-06)
Hey mate I am from india and your story is one of the great story and close to my heart. Happy that your mom dad are together. Can we be friends?
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
[at] G/E101, If my story has inspired you not to smoke at all good for you mate and thank you for your kind words, take care.
Ghostexpert101 (14 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-16)
This story made me cry a lot and I usually dint cry gid bless you and hope you will kerp writeing it should be published. I hate those dreams though its like something come out of it you know is true like my dream of Sarah Osborn. I think its nice that your gardian angle talks to you it must be comforting I wishyou good luck and thanks for this story I'm 13 years old qnd I wasn't going to smoke but now I am not going to smoke at all I wish you good luck and be safe god bless you
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-16)
[at] allesgute 154, thank you for your comment and yes they don't make them like that anymore, theirs something really special about thier generation that perhaps is lost a little amongst the hype and busy world we live in today... Regards!
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-05)
This story and the one in which your parents passed brought tears to my eyes. They don't make them like them anymore. Bless their souls. I have never smoked, and never will, thanks to your story.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
Every year 5.4 million people deaths are caused by tobacco; smoking is set to kill 6.5 million in the year 2015 and 8.3 million humans in the year 2030, 443, 000 Americans over 18 percent of all deaths in America die each year as a result of smoking and 50 thousand of them are killed by second hand smoking. 1.2 million People a year die in china as a result of smoking that's 2000 per day. If the current trends keep up that will reach 1 billion deaths due to smoking by the end of the 21st century. 33 to 50 percent of smokers are killed by their habit. There are estimated 1.3 billion current smokers in the world, 13, 500 die each day due to smoking related illness.

In India, about 900, 000 Indians a year die from smoking-related diseases that are nearly one in 10 of all deaths in India. Half of Indian males use tobacco and it is becoming more popular with younger people. In Russia, smoking kills between 400, 000 and 500, 000 Russians every year from smoking ailments. In Japan, smoking is the leading cause of death and is responsible for 20% of all cancers. 50 percent of men and 14 percent of women smoke.
In Indonesia, an estimated 200, 000 people die each year of smoking-related diseases. About a quarter of deaths in 2005 were from smoking and 80 percent of lung and respiratory cancer cases were due to smoking. About 220 million cigarettes were smoked by Indonesians in 2006. About 140, 000 Germans die every year from tobacco-related illnesses. Nearly one in three German adults smokes regularly. Some studies estimate that 3,000-4,000 deaths per year can be attributed to passive smoking.
In the UK, 90, 000 people die from smoking each year. 6,000 people in Wales are killed by smoking every year. In Turkey, around 110, 000 people each year die of smoking-related illnesses, according to official figures. In Nigeria, 6.5 million citizens are expected to die from smoking over time. In Pakistan, 100, 000 people die each year because of smoking.
In France, there are about 66, 000 smoking-related deaths each year and up to 5,800 deaths from passive smoking, inhaling the smoke of smokers. About 12 million people are smokers, 25 percent of the population. Mexico has around 65, 000 cigarette-related deaths a year. The country has 105 million people. In Spain, there are 50, 000 smoking-related deaths annually. About 30 percent of Spaniards smoke.
In South Korea, an estimated 49, 000 people die each year of smoking-related diseases, according to the private Korean Association of Smoking and Health.50, 000 Iranians die each year from tobacco related illnesses, according to the government. Some say the number of deaths is 60, 000 a year.200,000 Iranian projected to die from smoking by 2019. In Malaysia, nearly 40, 000 people died of smoking-related diseases in the last 5 years, now around 10, 000 a year In Vietnam, 40, 000 citizens die every year due to diseases caused by smoking.
In Canada, 37, 000 people die from smoking every year, according to the Ministry of Health. In British Columbia, CAN, 6,000 people die each year from smoking. In Egypt, there are 34, 000 tobacco-related deaths each year.33, 000 Romanians die every year because of smoking. There were 6.5 million smokers aged 25 to 44 years old in Romania. In Saudi Arabia, 22, 000 Saudis die of smoking related diseases every year, according to the Anti-Smoking Society. In Greece, where 45% of the population smokes, an estimated 20, 000 people die of smoking-related diseases each year.
600 people die every year from passive smoking.
The number of smokers in Greece has gone up 10 percent in 10 years. Passive smoking kills estimated 600 people each year in Greece. In South Africa, 44, 000 adults die each year from smoking, according to the National Council against Smoking (NCAS).In Australia, 15, 000 to 19, 000 Australians deaths each year are caused by smoking. Roughly 20% of the Australian population smokes. Aboriginal life expectancy is 17 years less than non-indigenous Australians. Their high smoking rate gets part of the blame. Government officials are trying to address the issue. More than 4,000 Victorians die from smoking every year. More than 3400 Queenslanders die because of smoking each year.
Succubussed_II (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
Aussie, no harm no foul. You're alright with me.

Peace.

*keeps typing to make the minimum characters*
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
My sincere apology for my spelling mistake of your name... Sorry mate I really thought I was spelling it correctly.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
Wow!... Just checked the comments and wamo, to the troll I actually have no anger towards you, God bless and I hope your life is full of reward and bliss.

Succubus, thanks man, your comment is truly appreciated and I hope you stay around and help those especially in your field... A lot of crazy stuff was said before and some of what I said towards you on a personal level was wrong and am sorry... Cheers mate... Thank you cosmo, taz, truth, Bachh and Devious thank you too mate I have a lot of time and respect for you girl...lol...She did have a real battle and was so brave... I truly believe what was given to us and I'm referring to her visitation it had nothing to do with me being psychic as such... Something higher than that brought us together and gave me some closure and kind of one more birthday with my mother... I move forward knowing in my heart I will be with her again one day. ❤

Legs eleven 77? Only time will see if that one comes true... Thanks again guys. 😁
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
ok out of here bacc will catch up soon 😁
And to who ever is down voting me, enjoy! I have said in other comments points don't mean a thing to me so please your self at least your waisting them on me and leaving others alone 😆
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
bacc I set it up me granny and one other are mods there I will email you tomorrow add you on facebook and then send invite or you can look me up on face today add me as friend and will take it from there

Oh and yes you will be invited to join its a closed group invite only

Look up carl tabor on face 😊 pic of my head and sholders looks like I got a lamp growing out of shoulder lol oh and in green tee shirt
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
There's an actual YGS group on Facebook? I have some friends that I met here on facebook, but I didn't know there was a whole group. Would I really be invited to such a thing?
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
great idea like a dog whistle you mean?
Ok I'm out for now will pop back tomorrow and have a look for new trolls have fun 😊
P.s have you been invited to the group on face yet?
I know a few on there also think the same way I do about your comments
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I totally know what you mean taz. Thanks for liking my comments. I like yours too. Funny and interesting stuff. We need a troll call, to rouse them from the bushes.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
bacc I'm just here to help out lol doubt could argue with you anyway, like your comments too much and would not feel right if you know what I mean so let's just go troll hunting insted I will bring a picnic can make a day of it lol
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I guess we could argue. But about what exactly? I have no beef with you. Haha! And I've been in such an arguing mood the last couple of days. I think my comments lately have shown that.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
know what you mean at least with jitow he came back for more lol that was a troll worth having fun with these new ones are weak minded one liners, very sad!

If you like I can argue better than some dip stick troll and we will not have to worry about hurting anyone elses feeling by being a d**k! And no that is not dork!? 😆 😆
Carl
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I tried to comment Daz, but for some reason our server was like "NO" in a big scary voice.

This is a very touching story, and I am so sorry for your loss. Your mum sounds like she was an amazing person, very loved and very loving. The type of love that is so deep that it reaches from beyond the grave to announce itself, that is some powerful stuff mate... Thank you for sharing this. I think it gives everyone a little hope about where we go when we are finished with this life.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
This troll isn't that fun, taz. They just make stupid comments and leave it at that. Nothing to back up wild accusations. It's kind of sad really. I wanted to argue with this person. It makes my afternoons go by much more quickly.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
ohh a new troll what fun! 😢
How can someone come in here post such doo doo and be allowed to stay on?
What enjoyment are you getting from adding such nasty sick comments like this? What meds are you not taking to control such a strange mind?
Go away, stay away and if we are ever so lucky you might even drop off the face of the planet but my luck has been a tad low of late so doubt the last bit will happen 😭
Succubussed_II (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Aussie, I don't usually comment outside of my narrow field of semi-expertise, but having read this, I want to say that this is one of the most powerful things that anyone has ever posted on this site.

Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to share your brave Mother with the world.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Shouldn't omgliketotally be barred already? I see no reason to get mad at this person. They are in their own little bubble of troll hatred. No one can get to them. We just need to wait until the account gets deleted. I know it won't make any difference to your whacked out, misanthrope personality, but omgliketotally, you are one of the biggest idiots I have ever seen. Or read. You can't even back your accusations up. I know you'll come back under a different name once you get deleted. But dang, I hope you find a life in the mean time.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Hey troll... Yeah I'm talking to you omgliketotally. How Dare you make wild and untruthful accusations about this author! You just proved to everyone that your head is as empty as your words. Why don't you crawl back into whatever sewer you came from and stop stinking up this site with your crap! 😠
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
omgliketotally: I'm talking to you. Aren't you the one who came trolling on a paranormal website because you are such a sad, angry individual that you must seek solace in attempting to hurt the feelings of people you have never met? And then you had your account deleted, and went back to the grimy cess pit from whence you crawled, and the rest of the world ceased to care once again? I'm pretty sure that was you... Under a different name, of course.

This comment from omgliketotally is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Daz - This is a great story (both parts). Unfortunately, the only living person that I have any semblance of a bond with, aside from my wife and son, is my mom's mother. She'll be 92 in November. Though I'll be sad when she goes, I'll know that she lived a long and full life.

I'm not sure if this was something real or just something I made up about 20 years or so ago. However, I somehow got the idea that I was going to live to be 103 years and one day old. Personally, I hope to live a bit longer than that. This might seem silly and even amusing, but I'd like to live to see the year 2112 so that I can play the Rush album of the same title (2112) on new year's day that year!

Thankfully, neither my wife nor I have ever smoked. We do, however, have relatives that either did or do. There's no convincing some people.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
" PRESENT TIME."2010

Every year 5.4 million people deaths are caused by tobacco; smoking is set to kill 6.5 million in the year 2015 and 8.3 million humans in the year 2030, 443, 000 Americans over 18 percent of all deaths in America die each year as a result of smoking and 50 thousand of them are killed by second hand smoking. 1.2 million People a year die in china as a result of smoking that's 2000 per day. If the current trends keep up that will reach 1 billion deaths due to smoking by the end of the 21st century. 33 to 50 percent of smokers are killed by their habit. There are estimated 1.3 billion current smokers in the world, 13, 500 die each day due to smoking related illness.

In India, about 900, 000 Indians a year die from smoking-related diseases that are nearly one in 10 of all deaths in India. Half of Indian males use tobacco and it is becoming more popular with younger people. In Russia, smoking kills between 400, 000 and 500, 000 Russians every year from smoking ailments. In Japan, smoking is the leading cause of death and is responsible for 20% of all cancers. 50 percent of men and 14 percent of women smoke.
In Indonesia, an estimated 200, 000 people die each year of smoking-related diseases. About a quarter of deaths in 2005 were from smoking and 80 percent of lung and respiratory cancer cases were due to smoking. About 220 million cigarettes were smoked by Indonesians in 2006. About 140, 000 Germans die every year from tobacco-related illnesses. Nearly one in three German adults smokes regularly. Some studies estimate that 3,000-4,000 deaths per year can be attributed to passive smoking.
In the UK, 90, 000 people die from smoking each year. 6,000 people in Wales are killed by smoking every year. In Turkey, around 110, 000 people each year die of smoking-related illnesses, according to official figures. In Nigeria, 6.5 million citizens are expected to die from smoking over time. In Pakistan, 100, 000 people die each year because of smoking.
In France, there are about 66, 000 smoking-related deaths each year and up to 5,800 deaths from passive smoking, inhaling the smoke of smokers. About 12 million people are smokers, 25 percent of the population. Mexico has around 65, 000 cigarette-related deaths a year. The country has 105 million people. In Spain, there are 50, 000 smoking-related deaths annually. About 30 percent of Spaniards smoke.
In South Korea, an estimated 49, 000 people die each year of smoking-related diseases, according to the private Korean Association of Smoking and Health.50, 000 Iranians die each year from tobacco related illnesses, according to the government. Some say the number of deaths is 60, 000 a year.200,000 Iranian projected to die from smoking by 2019. In Malaysia, nearly 40, 000 people died of smoking-related diseases in the last 5 years, now around 10, 000 a year In Vietnam, 40, 000 citizens die every year due to diseases caused by smoking.
In Canada, 37, 000 people die from smoking every year, according to the Ministry of Health. In British Columbia, CAN, 6,000 people die each year from smoking. In Egypt, there are 34, 000 tobacco-related deaths each year.33, 000 Romanians die every year because of smoking. There were 6.5 million smokers aged 25 to 44 years old in Romania. In Saudi Arabia, 22, 000 Saudis die of smoking related diseases every year, according to the Anti-Smoking Society. In Greece, where 45% of the population smokes, an estimated 20, 000 people die of smoking-related diseases each year.
600 people die every year from passive smoking.
The number of smokers in Greece has gone up 10 percent in 10 years. Passive smoking kills estimated 600 people each year in Greece. In South Africa, 44, 000 adults die each year from smoking, according to the National Council against Smoking (NCAS).In Australia, 15, 000 to 19, 000 Australians deaths each year are caused by smoking. Roughly 20% of the Australian population smokes. Aboriginal life expectancy is 17 years less than non-indigenous Australians. Their high smoking rate gets part of the blame. Government officials are trying to address the issue. More than 4,000 Victorians die from smoking every year. More than 3400 Queenslanders die because of smoking each year.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
Honey91 Thats so sweet, you are a real nice person God bless,
Mrsmla4ever,Thank you for your comment and yes my mother was a very strong person and very beautiful inside and out, everybody loved her and I'm still hurt'n inside,

Jenifer40 Thank you so much, not that I want you to cry but it really means a lot to me that my story has touched some of you the way it has, again thank you take care,
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
I have tears in my eyes. Thank you for such a wonderful story!

Jennifer ❤
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
Another beautiful story. I had to push back the tears long enough to read this. Your mother sounds like she was an amazing and strong woman. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. ❤

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: