You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Woman Sitting On My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman Sitting On My Bed

 

Firstly I am the first grandchild in our very big family. I was the one who got whatever I wanted. My mom says family members would come around and take me out without asking her or my dad. I would always be taken back home with new clothes on, or toys. The grand mother and her sister absolutely adored me. They would come over to our house just to see me-really sweet.

My grandmother's sister died in 2001. The incident I am going to tell you about happened almost 2 hours after she passed away.

I remember going downstairs into the living room and looking at the clock on the wall. It showed 7.30p.m. I turned around to my ex-mother-in-law and said in half an hour there will be call from the hospice to say she has passed away. With that, I remember going into the front room and watching a film with my children. Well dead on eight, the phone rang. It was my aunt, who broke the news of my grandmother's sister passing away.

My poor mother and father-in-law's faces were a sight.

My aunt and uncle picked me up and whilst my aunt sat quietly in the car my uncle and I were having a really good laugh. We even got told off by my aunt. We got to the hospice and whilst we were looking for parking, a black cat walked past the car, my aunt was not at all impressed, me and my uncle could not help but to crack some spooky jokes. We had to calm ourselves before we went into the hospice which we managed to do the minute we stepped into the hospice.

The three of us walked slowly to the room where maci (mum's sister) was and of course all the close family. I remember going into the room, going to the bed, the sons all looked at me and each one of them touched my head, a blessing in Indian tradition. I remember my grandmother's face, she was broken. You could see she was going to give up on life as well, both sisters were very close. I said my farewells and really just wanted to go.

We left the hospice about 10p.m. My uncle dropped me home. As soon as I entered the house, I went straight upstairs for a shower. I made sure the kids were asleep and let the in-laws know I was back and went to my bedroom.

I switched on the lamp, drew the curtains. I got into my T-shirt and sat on the bed. I felt weird which was understandable losing a close relative. I got into bed, left the lamp on. I was tempted to put the radio on but could not be asked to get back out of bed.

I was lying in my bed staring at the ceiling trying to sleep but just could not knock off. I lay there for you know what seems like forever, but it is only 2 minutes that was what it was like for me that night. I always sleep on the outside of the bed, never against the wall, something to do with me being claustrophobic.

I was lying in my bed, staring, thinking, having flashbacks, tossing turning. I am sure you have all had nights when you seem to be swimming in your own bed desperate for sleep and sleep will just not come. Well as I said it was one of those nights. I don't know if I managed to get comfortable but lying on my back staring at the ceiling I felt the corner of the right side of the bed sink, like someone sitting has just sat down-the right side being against the wall.

I lay in my bed, I turned my head slightly to face the corner of the bed and there dressed in black, head to toe, a woman sitting there with her face buried in hands crying softly. I just lay in my bed staring at her. She just sat there crying, she did not move from where she was sitting. I got up slowly so I was sitting up in bed all the time keeping my eyes on her.

I can't even tell you what I was feeling and it was not as if I could not move because I could, I had just sat up in my bed. I sat there staring at her for a while how long exactly I cannot say.

I got out of the bed slowly. I slid my legs out first really slowly, so now I was sitting on the bed, my eyes on her all the time, then slowly I stood up. The funny thing is, instead of walking straight towards the doors like a normal person, I got out of the bed and stayed facing the woman so I was in fact walking toward the bedroom door walking like a crab, side ways so I could make sure this woman was not going to move. I got to the door opened it and ran downstairs. I told my mother-in-law what had happened. She was totally freaked out about the phone call so this freaked her out even more.

I told my mum and grand mother what had happened; they did not say anything they only looked at each other. A year after my Grandmother's sister passed my grandmother died. The two sisters were really close-my grandmother gave up on life the night her sister passed away.

My grand mother has appeared in my dreams a few times but that is another story.

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
Hi Surya. Its so nice that you shared another great story with us. I realy do enjoy them. I believe that the love of two sisters is so big. Not because they are family but because they are great friends. Best friends. Maybe that is why she was crying. She thought that she would never see her sister again. Though death is just another chapter It might haven been hard for her to accept death. I'm probably wrong but I hope I helped. Again I am very sorry for your loss but they are UP there.Together.I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
Reality is, they both are there to harm you. Let them know in the name of Jesus, that they are not wanted there.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
Who knows, on one hand I have this woman who brings no harm and then I have that man who wants nothing but to harm me. All so confusing. 😕
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
Hmmm, now you have me wondering... Is this a family bond you two share or another type of connection-one from another time another place? Are her visits meant simply to comfort, to take care of you and protect you or is she trying to communicate specific 'memories' as well? I'm looking forward to more experiences. Maybe then all these pieces will fall into place.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
Hi Rhodes

No I did not recognize the woman, all I can tell you about her is she was slim and somewhat sophisticated if that makes sense. Your other theory mmmmmm maybe although I wonder if this is the same woman who used to come and sit by my side and cover me with my blankets and pat me to sleep when I was unmarried living at my parents house. Even then I never discussed these happenings with anyone. I don't know.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
Tonith,

My compassion was there then and is there now, individuals deal with things differently. However the loss of my aunt did not hit me until I actually saw her lying there in the bed. "Apparently someone came to show you how it's done" I don't think so.

Thank you for reading the story though.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
You never mentioned if you have ever recognised who the mourning woman was. Have you ever discussed it any further with your mother since it happened? I get the feeling that the visitor appeared to YOU because she knew you could see HER. Did she simply want to communicate her grief to you? If yes, I wonder why she would do that if you couldn't recognise her. I have another theory concerning the woman's identity but it's a bit far-fetched. You said her face was buried in her hands which might indicate she wanted to hide HER identity or maybe... She was just a product of YOUR own concealed grief. You were the pampered one in the family, like me. You were used to draw everyone's attention on YOU not used to draw YOUR attention on another. Could this woman have been the image of your own grief-one you learnt to hide as a defense mechanism?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
Maybe you got this visitation due to your lack of consolation in a time when it was needed. Your relatives loved you but obviously you were very spoiled over their attention to be able to be so calvalier about the death of your grandmother's sister. Where was your compassion? Apparently someone came to show you how it's done.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: